Friday, October 19, 2007

If It's Friday It Must Be United Through Reading

Dear All,

It was another great day here at the hospital with United Through Reading. I filmed twice as many as last week and got to know that many more of our wonderful troops. They are all so appreciative. The troops here at the hospital work 12 -15 hour days and are not able to leave during that time. They are so grateful to have this program here and it is so much fun talking to them. What fun!

BUT.....I need books, books, books! Any new children's book would be appreciated. There are two sizes of flat rate boxes and you can load those things full and the shipping is the same. I believe it is $8.95.

I could hear one airman in there singing to his children. You can just imagine I was crying like a baby. Some of these soldiers are very shy but turn them loose with a camcorder and alone in a room to talk to their children and it is so precious. I love it, love it, love it!!!!

I filmed 14 DVDs and that represented 31 children. Isn't that cool to think that 31 precious little ones will go to bed with a smile on their face here in about a week or so. I had many ask if I would be getting any Christmas or Chanukah books. I told them I would see what I can do!

It is late and I am exhausted so I am going to head to bed. I just was excited about my afternoon and evening with the UTR and wanted to tell you about it.

My family is all out in California. They are running in the Mud Run at Camp Pendleton. I am so proud of them and would love to be with them. Both Grandmas went out with Johnny to cheer them all on. They will all have a blast. Go Robinson Family!!!!

I love you and miss you all greatly.
In His Mighty Grip,
Linda

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,

How wonderful! Just to see how God is using you today thrills me! I know that so many people will be blessed by meeting/knowing you this year. There was a time when I was in a "war" and you were right there with me. I will never forget how you looked at me with such love and compassion. And your words were always so encouraging (because they were from Him, of course!).
I know that you are drawing on all that you learned in BSF training in order to serve God in Iraq. I am glad that you were so obedient to Him in those days (most of the time; I can think of one or two exceptions, however! Good thing that He is the God of grace!).
Blessings to you, Jan D.

Linda Robinson said...

Is this Jan Dunn!...How are you! How did you find me, girl friend!