Monday, December 10, 2007

Pressing On....

Dear All,
Well the internet is no longer in my room. The individual who actually had the internet was transferred and I didn’t keep it as we will be relocating and will then get it installed at that location. I've been spoiled having it in my room. I apologize in not posting on the blog but my days have been extremely busy.

It is going to get even more busy now as I will start this week making pillows and curtains with the sewing machine we purchased for the USO. We have lots of touch up painting to do as well. Our priority tomorrow is to track down internet for the center and for our rooms when we relocate.

Shari made a trip to Kuwait last week to finalize the purchase and transport of the furniture for the USO. A lot of it is from IKEA so that will mean we have to assemble it. We will invite volunteers over to come and bring a screw driver and help. It is nice for me having Shari back.

I am generally unaware that it is the holidays because our days are so busy, but then when I heard Christmas music in the PX the other day I just started crying. Christmas time is always a special time around the Robinson household.

The United Through Reading program continues to flourish. Thank you, thank you for all of the books that you have sent. It is just incredible as I am receiving them from all parts of the U.S. What great Americans you are!!! I am so blessed because of you kind generosity. I wish each of you could just hear just one of these soldiers reading your book to their children. It is truly something special and it is all because of you. God bless each one of you!!

I attended Church today and am getting to know many of the soldiers there. It is amazing the strong faith of many of our military commanders. What a blessing for all of sons and daughters who are led by these commanders.

Well I hope to give you a more extensive update very soon. It is a little more challenging without the internet in my room.

I love you all and thank you for your continued prayers and support.

In His Mighty Grip,

Linda (posted by JR)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl......I finally found out how to get in touch with you..I got this from Vicki Dean..I sent you a letter months ago..know you are just tooo busy...I will still fill any requests you have.... I am sooo envious of you! I also forwarded this to Luis Solarzano..that wonderful man! I am not sure how this works...my home eamil is eac2005@sbcglobal.net. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda,

Your latest post says, "We will invite volunteers over to come and bring a screw driver and help" -- referring to helping assemble the furniture from IKEA. I would love to come and help with this. Can any of us volunteer for this? Or do you have specific people in mind? Do you know the time-frame and duration of the help you'll need?

We all love reading your blog posts. It almost makes us feel like we're there with you.

Take care.

Barbara Branyan
Wednesday, Third Shift
(Debbie Schneider's Group)

Donna O said...

Hi, Linda,
I'm looking for a way to send a donation to the troops. There are so many organizations out there I thought you would know of one doing it well. let me know.
I read your blog and am so proud of what you're doing. I'm sure your love and care is an amazing blessing to everyone you meet.
be safe. i'm praying for you.
Merry Christmas,
Donna o.