Monday, December 17, 2007

Clarification

Hi All,

The volunteers to put things together are troops from here. I have had several emails of people volunteering to come help put furniture together. Ya'll are great and thanks!

I have just one more pair of valances to make but still no curtain rods. I will be gone all day tomorrow doing the United Through Reading Program out at the Special Operations compound so I won't get much done on the center. Shari will be working hard putting the final touches on. Okay maybe we need a few more than final touches but she will do her magic.

The weather has stayed great! You need a sweater or light jacket in the evening but it warms up good during the day. Day before yesterday I almost thought I was in West Texas. It was pretty windy and cool. Still no major rain. We had one twenty four hour period where it rained but nothing since. My girls sent me some great rain boots so I am set when it hits.

We closed up working early this evening. We were all pretty exhausted and needed to get some rest. I wanted to come check email before I go to my room. Things have been just so busy that I have not even checked email everyday and I feel out of touch.

More later, I love and miss you all.
In HiS Mighty Grip,
Linda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda,

It's exciting to hear how well things are going and that you'll be opening the new USO soon. Thanks for clarifying that the volunteers who will help assemble the IKEA furniture will be the troops who are there.

If you do ever need more volunteers from the US to help over there, I'm retired and available to help in any way.

Looking forward to the next installment!

Barbara Branyan
DFW USO, Wednesday, 3rd Shift
Email: brittenb@msn.com

Wendel Dickason said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, LINDA!!!!!

You're in our thoughts and prayers this holiday season.

Wendel and Martha Dickason (and all the rest of the Tuesday crews back at USO/DFW.)