Sunday, September 16, 2007

Kuwait

Hi All,

What a busy day! I got to see three of the four military bases here in Kuwait. Hard to imagine my son was here a few years ago. It was a marathon doing everything that needed to be done. I am now the proud holder of a military ID, a lovely flack jacket and helmet and a slight sun burn on the top of my feet!

We were fortunate as the temperature here was down from the usual to .. 113.... There was a slight breeze so it really wasn't that bad. It was fascinating seeing everything. The military bases were colorless and bland but full of troops! Hard for me not to want to greet and thank each one of them. It also made me think of all those family and friends who were at home wondering and worrying about there soldier.

We leave out early in the morning to go in country and possibly won't have computer access for a couple days!

Hopefully when I get set up there I will be able to download my pictures for you!

Thank you for your support and love and keep greeting our troops it means the world to them!

In His Mighty Grip,
Linda

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I can just see you walking around there, wanting so badly to care for every service member!

Put on that sunscreen! Protect your feet:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda-
So sorry to have missed your send off! Kim told us all about your shower of affection on Saturday... How touching.
It's hard for me to picture you running around on the same post as my hubby! If you see a tall, handsome Cole you can give him a big hug... he's come to expect it from the ladies at the USO.
You're in our prayers and we can't wait to see what amazing things the Lord has in store for the upcoming year.
Fondly,
Jenn Cole

Anonymous said...

Linda,

Update update update!!!! I am on pins and needles waiting to read about your adventures! I hope all is going well and you are having the time of your life!!! You are in my prayers!

Kim

Kathy Appleton said...

Miss you and MISSED you! Did John tell you that I called Friday evening to see what time your plane left on Saturday. Love you and know that Erin and I are praying for "Auntie L".

Unknown said...

Love you, Linda.

B'House