Thursday, October 2, 2008

Black Hawk Day



Dear All,

Last week I got to go on a Black Hawk mission. It was absolutely the most fun! I think I would like to stay another year and be a Black Hawk stewardess. What a cool experience! I mean all the sudden you are just going up in the air and hovering over the earth.

It was an amazing opportunity for me to see outside these wires yet not be in harm’s way. I got to see Baghdad, Taji, Warhorse and several other FOB nearby. It was so cool to see the country. There are actually some very beautiful areas here. Oasis area with huge palm trees! There were also area that were just rubble and yet life goes on with children playing in the streets and men and women out farming their land.

The pilot was a friend and he was on his last mission before going home and he was training his replacement. I got to sit right behind the pilots and wear the headsets. That made it really cool as I could hear all they were saying and hear the training and stories. One stop we made was kind of near and dear my heart…Taji….when John Micah was here on his first deployment his unit poured the concrete that extended the helicopter landing area. I took a picture of my boots on the ground there.

I hope you enjoy some of the pictures I took.
I will see you soon.
In His Mighty Grip,
Linda

No comments: