Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Years

Dear All,
I sit in my room tonight with so many thoughts running through my head. Still so hard to believe that I just celebrated the New Year here in Iraq. This time last year you could have never convinced me that this is where I’d be. That was a dream to unrealistic to even voice. It has been an honor to be a part of opening the first USO here in Iraq but it has not come without many bumps in the path.

I knew it would be hard being away from my family but never did I imagine the gut wrenching pain that loneliness would pose for me. Learning to cope and handle that loneliness is a continual process that I imagine will remain as long as I am here. The positive side of that is feeling that I can identify in some small way with our troops as they leave their families to go off to war. When they are down and discouraged I can truly reach out as I have tasted a similar loneliness. I have had the most amazing support from all of you and your encouragement certainly makes my days easier and less painful. I pray our troops each have a similar support network behind them but I know there are those who do not and I pray that God give me eyes to see them and ears that will hear them.

I wish you each a very Happy Safe New Years and pray that we all seek the one who made us as you plan and move forward in 2008. As I have said many times, I don’t know what my futures holds, but I do know who holds my future and to him I give praise tonight for his loving watch care over me and my family.

You are so dear and have truly been the hands and feet of Jesus for me as you have loved me and encouraged me through this season in my life.

I love you and miss you,
In His Mighty Grip,
Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year girl, I pray God keeps you in his hands and your heart with our soldiers, especially those who need you most. May God find a way to put the two of you together so you may bring peace to those who hurt. I miss you so much and thank you for being such a good person and a good friend.
Love you Laurie