Monday, September 15, 2008

Pictures

Dear all,

I thought I would send you a couple pictures. This is not of my hair cut. I don’t have ones of that. This is Angela, myself and Teresa with some of our Navy and Army volunteers. They are wonderful and spend their off time at the center helping us. With out their help we would not and could not be very effective.



We have had one of our worst sand storms today. It was different to any other. The wind was not particularly blowing but the visibility was pretty much nothing. The center is always packed on days like this as so many get stranded here. It was fun and we were able to finally get everyone on the phones and computers.

This is one of our Air Force guys. I found some drawing tablet and colored pencils and he was drawing all sorts of pictures.





I have not told you but we have all new computers. A very special friend from home sent us all new computers and it has been such a huge blessing to us. Our previous ones had so many issues and it made it really hard. There are always Internet issues but prior to now it was a dual issue between the old computers and the Internet provider we have. The troops are so appreciative and our computers stay full from the time we open until closing. I was amazed our Internet worked as well as it did today with the nasty sand storm.


A veteran's group in Florida sent boxes and boxes of drink singles for the troops. It has been wonderful and greatly appreciated by our troops.

For those of you who do not know John Micah is at Fort Stewart in Georgia training and preparing to deploy to Iraq. I will be home in time to go out and see him and be there when he leaves. I can hardly bear the thought of him returning to this country. I stand again in that place of, I don’t know what the future holds but I do know who holds John Micah’s future. We will once again pray our son through this deployment.

I love you all bunches and will see you soon.
In His Mighty Grip,
Linda

No comments: